The encoders contain a contact-less magnetic sensor system and a precision toothed wheel. The sensor’s magnetic field is modulated by the passing of the teeth of the measuring wheel. The resulting sine-cosine voltage is evaluated by the integrated electronic and converted to an incremental output. In addition the encoder can provide a speed dependent analogue output.
- Heavy industry
- Paper and packaging machines
- Bottling plants
- Transport and storage systems
- Linear measuring eg. belt-drive
- Machines for the processing of steel, wood, rock, textiles and plastics
Advantages of the magnetic system
- Unaffected by condensation on the measuring wheel and is therefore the preferred choice for applications, where ambient temperatures change or where the relative humidity is high. (e.g. outdoors)
- Unaffected by oil or dirt penetration.
- The steel measuring wheel is highly resistant to shock and vibration, unlike glass or plastic graduated discs in other systems.
- Excellent reliability over a very long life because it does not suffer from the ageing effect common to optical systems.
|Fields of application
|5 V DC or 10 to 30 V DC
|Two square-wave signals offset by 90° and their inverse signals, short-circuit-proof; option: reference pulse, TTL / RS422 or HTL 10 ... 30V DCOptional current output 0 to 20 mA, 4 to 20 mA, -20 to + 20 mA
|-20 °C to +85 °C
|Number of pulses
|up to 273,408, for full list see below